The Daily Mash-Up

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 This Week's Paper
Stovetop burner ignites house fire on Westgate Boulevard

At 11:32 a.m. today, firefighters from station 1,2,9,13,14,16, and 17 responded to a reported residential structure fire at 6322 Westgate Blvd.

The first arriving engine company found smoke and flames showing from the roof of the one-story 1,104-square-foot residence. Crews attacked the fire with handlines, completed a search to confirm no one was inside the building, and ventilated the roof.

No one was home at the time of the fire, and there were no injuries to report.

The cause of the fire was a stovetop burner that was accidentally left on ignited the contents of a pan on the burner. The fire resulted in an estimated $60,000 damage to the building and its contents.

Vulcan Knife T-Town apparel TLink Gessel Orthodontic Clear Choice Cannabis