In celebration of the 80th annual Daffodil Parade, the following roads will be closed Saturday, April 13 from 5 a.m. to noon.
• A Street, from Ninth Street to 24th Street
• Pacific Avenue, from Ninth Street to 24th Street
• Commerce Street, from Ninth Street to 24th Street
• East 11th Street from Market Street to Portland Avenue
• East 11th Street will be one-way eastbound from St. Paul to Portland Avenue
The A Street and 15th Street exits from Interstate-705 will be closed. Schuster Parkway will remain open and Commerce Street will be accessible from the Stadium exit. The I-705 on-ramp at Ninth Street will be open and drivers will be able to cross Pacific Avenue at SR-509 and 21st Street.
The Daffodil Festival will be celebrating the Daffodil Parade that travels through the four cities of Tacoma, Puyallup, Sumner and Orting and consists of more than 150 entries, including floats, bands, marching, and mounted units. The Tacoma parade starts at 10:15 a.m. on April 13 and will run down Pacific Avenue from Ninth to 25th Streets.
Floats are decorated with thousands of fresh-cut daffodils and the parade is a bridge that links one generation to another.