Posted: 04 Jun 2013 09:42 AM PDT Time: 12:12 a.m. Address: 422 Tacoma Ave S Response: Station 1,2,4 Damage Estimate: none Narrative: Crews responded a reported kitchen fire and upon arrival found burnt food had caused smoke to fill the kitchen. The fire was contained to the food.
Time: 3:11 p.m. Address: 3516 N. Union Ave Response: Station 2,4,8,9,13,11,16 Damage Estimate: $1,500 Narrative: Firefighters responded to a reported house fire. The first arriving company found a small fire in the basement of the residence. A lacquer based sealant was being applied to the basement floor and the vapors appear to have ignited on the pilot light of the furnace or water heater. Crews extinguished the fire and ventilated the smoke from the structure. There were no injuries to report.
Time: 3:57 p.m. Address: 2543 62nd Ave E. Response: Station 1,2,8,11,12 Damage Estimate: none Narrative: Firefighters responded to a reported apartment fire. The first arriving engine company found that occupants had burnt food on the stove. On-site maintenance crews had removed the pan and turned off the stove prior to our arrival.
Time: 5:35 p.m. Address: 1415 Martin Luther King Jr. Way Response: Station 1,2,4,9,11,13 Damage Estimate: $53,000 Narrative: Firefighters responded to a reported kitchen fire. The first arriving engine company found flames and smoke showing from the back of the two story duplex. Crews attacked the fire that had started in the lower level apartment with handlines, conducted a search to confirm all occupants were out safely and ventilated the building of smoke. The cause of the fire was unattended cooking oil overheating and igniting, causing an estimated $53,000 dollars damage to the building and its contents. There were no injuries to report and the Red Cross provided relocation assistance to four adults and one child displaced in the incident.
Time: 6:39 p.m. Address: 5618 Marine View Drive Response: Station 3 Damage Estimate: undetermined Narrative: Firefighters responded to a reported boat fire at the Tyee Marina. Upon arrival the small boat was moved away from the larger vessel it was tied up to, and Firefighters extinguished a fire in the battery compartment on the starboard side of the boat. Firefighters determined that an electrical problem with the battery had caused the fire.
Time: 7:35 p.m. Address: E. 64th St/Homestead Ave Response: Station 15 Damage Estimate: none Narrative: Firefighters responded an outdoor fire where a resident was trying to burn an ant hill. Firefighters used a booster line to wet down the area and instructed the person to use alternative means for pest control.
Time: 9:07 p.m. Address: 6739 24th St NE Response: Station 3 Damage Estimate: none Narrative: Firefighters responded to a prohibited outdoor burn.