The Daily Mash-Up

Monday, August 31, 2015 This Week's Paper
Malfunctioning dishwasher sparks house fire

At 11:11 a.m. yesterday, Tacoma firefighters from stations 2,3,8,12, and 17 responded to a reported house fire at 6705 24th St. NE.

The first arriving company found heavy smoke showing from the side and rear of the one-story 1,058 square foot house. Crews attacked the fire with handlines, ventilated the structure and completed a search to confirm no one was trapped in the building. Two of the occupants were evaluated by paramedics and released at the scene, and a total of five were displaced by the blaze.

A fire investigator determined that a mechanical failure in a dishwasher started the fire, resulting in an estimated $81,500 damage to the building and its contents.

University Dental Tacoma Arts Month
ADVERTISEMENT