The Daily Mash-Up

Sunday, November 29, 2015 This Week's Paper
Faulty electrical wiring damages Gove house

At 3:31 a.m. today, firefighters from station 7 responded to a report of the smell of smoke in a house at 6212 S. Gove St. Upon their arrival, they found fire had started in a wall in the kitchen and spread into the attic and roof area of the single story house. The Engine 7 officer upgraded the operational response and they were quickly joined by additional firefighters from stations 2,8,16,17.

Crews extinguished the fire with handlines, ventilated the attic space, and conducted search and rescue of the home. A fire investigator determined that the fire was caused by faulty electrical wiring, resulting in an estimated $25,000 damage to the building and its contents.

One occupant received relocation assistance from the Red Cross, and their were no injuries to report.

Clear Choice Cannabis Vulcan Knife Tacoma First Baptist Lifetime Massage Therapy TLink