The Daily Mash-Up

Saturday, August 29, 2015 This Week's Paper
Electrical Wiring Ignites House Fire on North 25th Street

At 7:49 a.m. yesterday, Tacoma firefighters responded to a reported house fire less than two blocks from Station 13, which no longer houses an engine. The first fire engine and battalion chief, traveling from Station 9, arrived at the scene at 7:53 and reported that smoke and flames were showing from the one-story residence at 4010 N. 25th Street.

Ladder 3, also traveling from Station 9, arrived at 7:54. Crews entered the house and attacked the fire, confining it to the room of origin. The crew from the newly established Squad 13 searched the interior of house. Two occupants were home at the time of the fire and escaped without harm, and there were no injuries to report.

The cause of the fire was a failure of the home's knob and tube electrical wiring, resulting in an estimated $15,000 damage to the building and its contents.

The house fire occurred within the first hour of the Tacoma Fire Department’s new modified deployment model, which was adopted as part of the City's 2013-14 biennium budget.

University Dental Tacoma Arts Month
ADVERTISEMENT