The Daily Mash-Up

Sunday, August 30, 2015 This Week's Paper
Dryer sparks fire on George Street

At 9:16 a.m. on May 9, Tacoma firefighters from stations 2,8,9,11,12 and 15 responded to a reported dryer fire at 2102 E. George St.

The first arriving engine company reported dark smoke and flames showing from the back of the house. Crews attacked the fire that had spread throughout the laundry room, searched to confirm no one was inside the structure and ventilated the smoke.

All occupants were able to escape safely and there were no injuries to report.

The cause of the fire was an mechanical malfunction of a clothes dryer, resulting in an estimated $17,000 damage to the building and its contents.

Tacoma Arts Month University Dental
ADVERTISEMENT