At 12:28 a.m. on Monday, firefighters from station 1,4,7,14,16, and 17 responded to a reported commercial structure fire at the Boathouse 19 restaurant at 9001 S. 19th St. The first arriving company found a smoke charged building, but no visible flames. After making entry, they found that two sprinkler heads had activated and suppressed a fire that ignited on a counter top in the kitchen area. Crews shut down the sprinkler system, confirmed the fire was out, and cleaned up the water.
A fire investigator determined that the spontaneous combustion of oily terry cloth towels that were stored… Read More