Taylor Swift remains one of the hottest names in pop music, and the Tacoma Dome is sure to be packed when her Red Tour drops by on Aug. 31. But how much do you know really know about this award-winning artist? Take our quiz and then check your answers on our Daily Mashup blog, www.tacomaweekly.com/dailymashup, to test your fanhood.
1. Swift's hometown is …
A) Nashville, Tenn.
B) Asheville, N.C.
C) Tallahassee, Fla.
D) Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
2. She was __ years old when her eponymous debut album was released in 2006.
3. Her inaugural hit is named after country star ____||_.
A) Alan Jackson
B) George Jones
C) Merle Haggard
D) Tim McGraw
4. Her best-selling single is ______ with more than 8 million copies sold.
A) That song from the last question
B) “Teardrops on My Guitar”
C) “Should've Said No”
D) “Love Story”
5. Swift has branched into acting and recently appeared on the show ______.
A) “Breaking Bad”
B) “It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia”
C) “Mad Men”
D) “New Girl”
6. Songs like “Picture to Burn” and “Should've Said No” established her reputation for settling romantic scores in the studio. Along those lines, many assume her ballad “Dear John” is about famous ex _______||_.
A) John Legend
B) John Leguizamo
C) John Goodman
D) John Mayer
7. Speaking of famous guys she's dated, there's, like, a lot of them. Which of these stars has she not been linked to her romantically (yet)?
A) Harry Styles
B) Joe Jonas
C) Jake Gyllenhaal
D) Andy Samberg
8. Which homie does she name checked in the song “Fifteen”?
9. Finish the lyric: “You should have thought twice before _____”
10. Swift's celebrity BFF is …
A) Selena Gomez
B) Mary-Kate Olsen
C) Carly Rae Jepsen
D) Helen Mirren
11. ______ infamously interrupted her acceptance speech at _______|_.
A) Flavor Flav … the Grammy Awards
B) Jay-Z … the People's Choice Awards
C) Toby Keith … the Country Music Awards
D) Kanye West … the MTV Video Music Awards
12. But in said interrupter's defense, he meant no harm. He was just trying to give a shout out to _____.
A) … Beyonce Knowles for having “the greatest video of all time.”
B) … his therapist for helping him work through his impulse control issues.
C) … Ol' Dirty Bastard for setting the bar high for awards show interruptions.
D) … endangered polar bears, which are way more important than vacuous awards show.
Taylor Swift in concert, with Ed Sheeran
7 p.m. Aug. 31
2727 E. D St.
$31.50 to $86.50